Photography by Teun Hocks
We have been having an interaction between the elements of fire and earth since the Last Quarter Moon, and it will go on during the First Quarter phase. There are two fronts of squares between Taurus and Leo: the Sun with the Moon in conjunction to Juno; and Mercury and Mars with Jupiter. The New Moon themes are still active: romantic relationships, communication, soul mates, home and coziness, etc. We also have a Yod formed by Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (earth), Jupiter in Leo (fire) and Venus in Gemini, pointing to a major karmic rearrangement, discoveries, encounters, revelations, communication of what had been hidden, processes of death and rebirth, dynamics of self-identity and self-affirmation. Still, there is a quincunx between the Sun and Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius that brings up issues about how the individual relates to hierarchies, lineages and generational aspects.
By exploring some Sabian symbols, we are able to put together a group of images that help the astrological interpretation, in order to create a focus for this week. The North Node is transitioning between 8 and 9° of Libra:
- Libra 8°: “A blazing fireplace in a deserted home”. This shows an interesting mix of earth and fire. Fire represents movement and freedom, whereas the earth is limitation, structure and restriction. We are caught between the need for novelties and freedom, and the desire for stability and a cozy environment in which we belong. Any resistances in relation to that should be addressed and we should try to find out what really warms us inside;
- Libra 9°: Three “Old Masters” hanging on the wall of a special room in an art gallery”. Themes of art, symbology, hierarchy, value of the past and tradition, and 3 generations side by side.
The Moon square is formed when the Sun is between 5 and 6° of Taurus, and the Moon between 5 and 6° of Leo:
- 5° Taurus: “A widow at an open grave”. Death, past, family, looking into your roots, renewal, mortality;
- 6° Taurus: “Cantilever bridge across a deep gorge”. A construction that provides a connection between two places otherwise inaccessible;
- 5° Leo: “Rock formations tower over a deep canyon”. Place that allows for a higher perspective over a terrain eroded by time;
- 6° Leo: “A conservative old-fashioned lady is confronted by a “hippie” girl”. Generational clash, tradition versus rebelliousness, confrontation, renewal, young versus old age, mortality, intolerance.
The cards for the week add meaning and confirmation to the analysis above. The 5 of Pentacles is emphasized and accompanied by the 5 of Clubs. We are overlooking something that is important, belongs to us and is at our disposal, especially concerning home, real state, family, and tradition. It is necessary to have a broader view of our generational links and reevaluate what we value, in order to reconnect to what we have lost. Coming back home will allow you to reorganize your priorities and your energy, as the waste and dispersion provoked by the lack of direction ends. Not too long ago we drew “The High Lady of Love and Compassion” card, which suggested compassion and kindness to oneself. Now it appears inverted and asks for compassion and acceptance of others, especially of people of previous generations. We should also accept the fact that we are part of a certain tradition, which is part of your personal history and has helped shaping your life and who you are. Have in mind that your light shines on its own, but it is also part of a bigger whole and of a lineage. We have much to learn and gain as we stand on the shoulders of those who have come before us.
The colors for this week are pink and green, colors of the heart, that ask us for softness and kindness with others so as to build bridges that link people, places, traditions and beliefs. Those bridges might represent actual moves from one place to another, but they are also about communication. That should be done carefully and from the heart, since Venus is in prolific Gemini, and Mercury is in conjunction to impulsive Mars. If you find yourself in difficult encounters or conversations, try to focus on the colors green and pink, for they will help you connect to the heart energy.